Secure Online Payments
Lead Pointing Sealant
£3.50 (Excl. VAT)
The most common reason for water penetration at an abutment is failure of the mortar used in pointing the joint between the lead and the brickwork or masonry. Mortar is unable to expand and contract at the same rate as lead if there are temperature changes. In some cases the pointing may crack and allow water to penetrate the joint causing dampness within the building fabric.
- Ensures long term protection against water penetration.
- Unique formula allows the lead to expand and contract without cracking.
- Coloured grey to blend in with lead work.
- Fast and easy to apply.
- Average tack free time is approximately 30 minutes.
How to use:
- Ensure the joint is dry and free from debris and dust before applying.
- The nozzle on the sealant tube can be cut to suit the width of the joint to be filled.
- Minimum depth of sealant not less than 25mm.
- Flashing lengths should not exceed 1.5 metres.
Available in 310ml tubes. Sand coloured sealant also available.
Please note product sent may differ from picture shown.